Brain Injury Specialty Program
To make the best choice when selecting a rehabilitation hospital following a brain injury, patients should make an informed decision. The outcomes data reported here is intended to help potential patients and their families with this decision.
The data describes our patients and shows how other patients have succeed in our acute program, which is accredited as a Brain Injury Specialty Program by CARF, the global leader in rehabilitation accreditation.
- The average age for patients with a brain injury at St. Charles was 64.5.
- 25% of those served were referred from hospitals outside of Suffolk County.
- The average patient stay was 16 days for patients with a brain injury.
- 92.4% of our patients are living at home within 3 months of completing the rehabilitation program at St. Charles after a brain injury.
- More than 95% of patients discharged from St. Charles Rehabilitation report that the rehabilitation program improved their quality of life.
- Data shows that 100% of our patients felt that the St. Charles Rehabilitation program prepared them to return home.