The Physiatrists at St. Charles are some of Long Island's leading specialists in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R).
Utilizing cutting‐edge, as well as time‐tested treatments, St. Charles physiatrists maximize function and quality of life for adults and children with a variety of injuries, illnesses, and disabilities affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons.
Conditions treated include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury/Concussion
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Muscular Dystrophy
St. Charles physiatrists are experts in designing comprehensive, patient-centered treatment plans and can perform tests and procedures such as:
- EMG Nerve Studies (Electrodiagnostic Medicine)
- Trigger Point Injections
- Spasticity management – botulinum toxin injections, intrathecal baclofen pump management
- Evaluation for equipment needs – wheelchairs, assistive technology