The Women's Health Program at St. Charles is a pelvic floor rehabilitation program designed to relieve dysfunction, pain or muscle weakness in the pelvic area using specialized physical therapy techniques and education.
St. Charles physical therapists focus on relaxation methods, muscle toning and improved movement and posture to address a wide variety of issues, such as:
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pelvic pain
- Vulvodynia/Vulvar vestibulitis
- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome
- Post radiation pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary urgency/frequency
- Pubic symphysis dysfunction
- Chronic constipation due to pelvic floor dysfunction
- Pregnancy and postpartum conditions including:
- Low back/SI/groin/pubic pain
- Diastasis recti
- Abdominal/perineal scars
The Women’s Health Program at St. Charles Rehabilitation is key element of St. Charles Hospital’s Urinary Incontinence Program, which employs pelvic floor physical therapy as part of comprehensive plan to treat urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency.